Beef and Eggplant Casserole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds beef, ground
- 2 cups eggplant, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to the taste
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 28 ounces canned tomatoes, chopped (I use Muir Glen, no added sugar)
- 2 cups mozzarella (grated)
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (dried)
- Season eggplant pieces with salt and pepper, leave them aside for 30 minutes, squeeze water a bit, put them into a bowl, add the olive oil and toss them to coat.
- In another bowl, mix beef with salt, pepper, mustard and Worcestershire sauce and stir well.
- Press them on the bottom of a crockpot.
- Add eggplant and spread.
- Also add tomatoes, tomato sauce, parsley, oregano, and mozzarella.
- Cover Crockpot and cook on Low for 4 hours.
- Divide casserole between plates and serve hot.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.